Friday, October 28, 2011
ARCTOWSKI Antarctic Award
The President of Polish Amateur Radio Union is the Patron of this Award.
1. The award is available to OMs and SWLs ho can make evidence to have make 2 way contacts (or SWL reports) with stations HFØPOL, HFØAPAS
and others, operating from ARCTOWSKI POLISH ANTARCTIC STATION on King George Island in Antarctica,
or with operators active from different National Antarctic Stations.
Special event stations such as HF….POL and HF….APAS, will also count.
2. There is no limit of dates, so any contacts any year will be valid.
3. The applicants should collected 15 points according to the following criteria:
a. QSO with HFØPOL, HFØAPAS and other callsigns operating from
ARCTOWSKI Station, count - 10 points,
b. QSO with any other operators, working from other Nation's Bases
in Antarctica , count - 5 points.
c. QSO with Special Event Stations HF….POL, HF….APAS,
also count - 5 points,
d. One QSO with HFØPOL or HFØAPAS; HF….POL or HF….APAS is
e. Repeated/Duplicated QSO/SWL are not allowed.
4. The application (GCR list or QSL card photocopy/scan copy for HFØPOL, HFØAPAS and other Antarctic stations are mandatory)
are accepted in any form and should be sent to the following postal address:
or by email: bonaterra _at_ interia.pl
5. Award is free of charge, but the applicants have to send sufficient postage to cover the Mail costs, such as:
4 Euro or 5USD or 5 new valid IRCs. For SP 10 PLN.